A little boy goes to his father and asks “Daddy, how was I born?”
The father answers: “Well son, I guess one day you will find out anyway.
Your mom and I got together in a chat room on AOL. Then I set up a date via e-mail with your mom and we met up at cyber-cafe. We sneaked into a secluded room, I upgraded my floppy disk to a stiffy and then your mom agreed to do a download from my hard drive.
As soon as I was ready to upload, we discovered that neither one of had used a firewall, and since it was too late to hit the delete button, nine months later, a blessed little pop-up appeared and said:
“You’ve got Male!”
Today I wanted to give an update on my list building case study and Facebook ads specifically.
So far, Facebook has been a bust. The ads have not produced many opt-ins and I think there are several reasons. Being the analytical type, I’m trying to figure it out. Here’s where the problem lies with Facebook ppc:
- Targeting – While this can be very specific, it’s still a guessing game when it come to targeting the right people for your offer. It takes testing and tweaking, which I’m doing some more of.
- Wrong Offer – If results aren’t there, it’s either targeting or the offer. Time to test that more.
- Facebook Algorithm – Facebook has it’s own methods for showing ads and at what cost. Much of it is a mystery. For instance, I’ve heard if you boost a post and budget a large amount all at once, your reach will be less than if you budget a very small amount per day but renew the boost each day. Why? I don’t know. Makes no sense to me. It’s something NO ONE would know without testing. Many of these oddities are unknown without testing. That’s why it’s important to follow others’ Facebook ad methods that have already tested this stuff!
One thing I do know… Facebook likes keeping traffic on their site, so I’m gonna follow the method of boosting posts and videos within my facebook page, in addition to sending people to an opt-in form on my website off of Facebook.
I am not discouraged at all, not in the least. Actually, I’m incredibly empowered to get good results from Facebook. Others do it. I can too. There is still more to learn, which I am doing right now. How? By getting help.
NEW CASE STUDIES:
I will be creating new case studies based on advice from other experienced Facebook ppc experts, one of those being a course I just purchased, the others being advice from other marketers. This will be happening in the next few days.
In addition, another very effective method of traffic is with Instagram. That, my friends, is another case study. Whew! Lots to get done!
In the meantime, time to ramp up traffic. Over the next day or twoI will be…
- Promoting the blog and facebook page in Facebook groups where allowed, and advertising in them when not allowed to post links.
- Postings and advertisements in the Warrior Forum
- Bing ads
- Instagram free traffic
- Other traffic methods TBA
Keep watching here for updates
CLICK HERE to go to List Building Case Study from the beginning
CLICK HERE to go to the Facebook Ads Case Study from the beginning